International Cultural Service Program (ICSP)
This is a very creative, innovative, outlandish and maybe one of the most exciting brand of scholarship awards. Simply put, this scholarship scheme was created to reward students who creates and wears an original and unique prom wear using the Duck brand duct tape. With a scholarship value of $20,000, it sure sparks off a lot of creativity and competition among student-tailors and aspiring Fashion designers. Usually, the high school students with the best prom attire using the Duck brand duct tape get this Cash prize. Everyone (high school student in the U.S) has a chance of competing and winning the cash prize. The most amazing thing about this scholarship scheme is that one of the requirements have been reviewed and students no longer need to wear their one-of-a-kind attire to the Prom nights. One just needs to be enrolled at a high school at the time. The reasoning behind this is that some shy students might not be comfortable wearing their amazing attires to the event.
Information on the Application Process
- Create and wear original & unique clothing for tagged prom wear. Take a high resolution (clear and distinctively fine) picture of the wear and when you put it on.
- Fill in the entry form and upload all necessary details and pictures.
- Voting session. The winners are selected from the large pool after some pre-qualification by the judging panel.
Information on Eligibility
- Applicant must be a legal resident of U.S.A excluding some territories like (Arizona, North Dakota, Colorado, Tennessee and Maryland OR a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a high school or home school situation at a high school level
- Applicant must be at least 14 years old
- Applicants who were finalists in the last scholarship round are not eligible.
- Applicants who are related to employees, sponsors or owners of the Duck brand duct tape are not eligible.
- This year application starts March 31st and ends June 9, 2021. The final winners will be announced on July 21, 2021.
Information on Entry into Scholarship pool
All applicants are to each enter the contest as one single individual only. You can enter into the “Dress” category or the “Tux” category. The major material used are to be the Duck brand duct tape; although it can be used in combination with other materials for design uniqueness. A picture is then taken and uploaded. The wears must be original and not previously worn in any contest; in addition, it must not be a derivative of another individual’s piece of work.
Applicants may enter the Contest via the Duck® brand Website at www.stuckatprom.com
Information on Judging Policy
The grading rubrics for each entry in this contest is as follows;
- Workmanship – 20%
- Use of Colours – 20%
- Use of Duck Brand Duct Tape – 20%
- Originality – 20%
- Accessories – 20%
BEST OF LUCK!!!!