Free human right online courses for international activists.
The Amnesty Human Rights Academy is the Education and Training Institution of Amnesty International; they are offering different online courses in different languages such as English, Spanish, French and others. The best part, is that students are not needed to hold any kind of online degree related to the topics.
These online courses are:
- An Introduction to Human Rights: This online course help students to understand how human rights relate to their own lives and prepares them to take action for human rights. At the end of this course, students will feel self-possessed to clarify what human rights are and have the information and abilities to protect and encourage human rights.
- An Introduction to Human Rights Defenders: which is basically the same course but focused on the promotion and protection of these rights. All participants are encouraged to talk to their families and friends about human rights defenders and the problems faced by them, including the importance of defending human rights, building a society that respects human rights and explain the main role of an activist.
- Freedom of expression ? A fundamental right: This short online course will prepare students with the information to appreciate and claim their own right to liberty of expression, and the abilities and sureness to take action to protect this right. Students will be able to think critically and devise effective actions to defend the human rights of others and themselves. Students will be able to adjust the human rights of freedom of expression, to link and to assemble real life situations and come face-to-face with human rights activists on the front line of human rights defense. It does not matter if the students are holding an online degree in journalism, the important thing is to feel capable to be part of this movement.
- Humans? rights ? A tool for a change: This online course motivates students to get a better understanding of the human rights scheme and it will help them to feel empowered to support human rights. The online course invites you to learn human rights as an instrument for change and how to turn each activist into an agent of change. At the end of the course, the students will not only able to talk about the different definitions this topic links, they will also identify all the issues that most concern them and how the of these students? surroundings shape each problem they are currently facing.? Of course, once they identify these problems they will know how to tackle them without losing the protection and promotion of the human rights.
- Taking a stance against death penalty: With this short course, students will shape why the death penalty violates human rights, will be able to dare public misconceptions about the death penalty and if they desire to, they will be taking action against the death penalty by becoming an activist.
The right to freedom from torture: in this last online course, all students will be capable of define torture without problems, recognize the exclusive status of torture and other ill-treatment under international law, to explain the present situation of torture worldwide and of course, to take action to stop torture and other ill-treatments by becoming an activist.